Monday, January 10, 2005

Works sucks....

I almost fear typing this here, but I know my team lead doesn't know computers well enough to ever figure this out.

I swear she makes me crazy. I have been on vacation for two weeks. I left her with all the paperwork. I come back and she has looked at barely half of it.

She waits to the last minute to get it done and then martyrs herself with "I didn't even have lunch today." Well whoopee for you. It annoys the crap out of me.

I know she has dyslexia and I know she doesn't enjoy reading. But it is a part of the job and if she wants to be nitpick about the paperwork, then she needs to do some of it herself.

It's even worse when we are down to the wire. Because then she wants to do it together. I can't stand it when she wants to go over things together. Really that means she wants to stand over my shoulder and watch me type it. Then, while we are doing it, she hyms & haws about what she wants. "What do you think," she says. What I finally usually end up saying is "I really don't care. I just want it done." By the time she gets around to anything, I feel I've been forever on it and I'm tired of waiting. I just want to chain her to her desk and make her work on the paperwork.

It's frustrating. We have a very important class we are teaching tomorrow, using a new room, new software and new manuals. We've never taught this material before and I personally would have liked more time to prepare. Instead I spent my day helping her do to same damn report that we do every two months. Now, mind you that I updated it before I left, so my sections have been ready for weeks. Is there a reason she didn't work on this while I was gone? I have not a clue. Of course, she's the martyr, so she's going to work on her sections of the class at home. Again, whoopee for her.

But, my job is not my life. It does not define me. I don't get paid to work at home and therefore I don't. I have plenty of things to keep me busy in my own life. I can wing it for class.

I just am so annoyed with her.


2 Comments:

At 3:16 PM EST, Blogger Jay said...

Ew, that sucks. It's totally frustrating when someone gets all this attention for leaving things last minute and 'working so hard to get it done' when you were smart, paced yourself, and got things done more efficiently.
Duh!

 
At 5:54 PM EST, Blogger liberalprogressive said...

Corona...thank you for reading my blog. I'm always so happy when someone else reads it.

Bosses are a real PITA. My boss clearly doesn't know what I do and has no concept on how to do my job and yet she had the nerve to tell me that I wasn't qualified for a different position that I am interested in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home