Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Day 11 - Of Quitting Smoking

I can't believe it's Day 11 already. I've been doing pretty good so far.

I did slip up and smoke 2 on Saturday night. But, in my defense, I had just been to a wedding. And as you may or may not realize, those things are horribly emotional for single, 30-year-old women. I was just feeling so overwhelmed. And I did stop with 2. So, that was good.

I've had few cravings. Most of it seems to be just linked to what I am used to doing. For example, for the first week, every time I got in the card, I was patting my pockets looking for a pack. It was part of my ritual - I smoked in the car. This week, I have stopped doing that.

I can tell my body is starting to kick out all the crap in my system. I have a bit of phlemy cough which is gross. I also can smell cigarette smoke everywhere. So, the body is adapting.

I don't think I could do it without the patch and the Zyban. Zyban takes the edge off, but also makes it difficult to be in a bad mood about anything. It is kind of nice to just be in a better mood all the time. It seems to help with my annoyance at work, too. It is so powerful that I can definitely tell when it's time for my next dosage. The patch is helping, too. I am definitely not craving the nicotine any more.

I am going to make it. I have to.

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM EST, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Well done! Giving up the smokes is absolutely the best thing you can do for yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home