Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Holiday Meme - Check it out!

From Tara -- A Holiday Meme

1. Name 3 people that you miss that you haven’t seen in a long time.
Laura (old friend from college, who I was horrible to, but didn't mean it), Judy and Tyler (niece and nephew -- haven't seen since September)

2. Name 3 things you miss about home during the holidays (be it people, smells, foods, whatever). Putting up the Christmas tree with my parents, Mom's sugar cookies, and Black Friday shopping

3. Name 1 holiday memory that you have from childhood that you will never forget.
When we first moved to Germany, we didn't have much of our stuff because it hadn't arrive from the States, so we just had our presents that my mom's family had sent and 1 gift each from my parents. We also didn't have any friends, because we had just moved. So, my siblings and I got dressed in our Christmas best and took my brother outside. We pulled him up and down the streets in a red wagon he got for Christmas. We had a great time!

4. Name at least one favorite book or movie that always reminds you of the holidays.
Movie - Miracle on 34th Street -- the original and the newest version!

5. Name your top 3 favorite holiday songs that get you in the mood to celebrate.
Hard Candy Christmas - by Dolly Parton -- love it.
Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album -- makes me laugh
Silent Night -- still gives me a peaceful moment of reflection

6. If you could go anywhere other than home for the holidays, where would you choose to go and who would you want to bring along? Germany - and I'd take my friend, Allen - such as beautiful country and he's fluent

7. The Grinch or Rudolph?
The Grinch - Love the Jim Carrey version - especially the soundtrack.

8. Formal holiday dinner or casual get-together food?
Casual - it is more fun

9. Name the best holiday gift you ever received and why?
Diamond necklace and earrings from my aunt -- totally unexpected and I've worn them daily for the past 7 years.

10. Describe the funniest holiday moment you’ve ever had.
Wow- hard one. Probably freshmen year of college - I woke up a total grouch because I was tired and didn't want to get up early. But, my little sister and brother insisted. I was a real bitch. Doesn't sound funny? Imagine it on videotape after I had a few years to grow up. I'm the one who looked like a brat.

11. Name a holiday memory that truly warmed your heart.
Several years ago, I worked with a student group in North Caroline. Really rich kids -- most had jewerly from Tiffany's. Anyway, I talked them into adopting a family for Christmas -- it was crazy. The girls were so excited to shop for a family. They went overboard. When we went to drop the gifts off, we pulled up to this trailer park and the girls unloaded the gifts. This woman, looking like a tired and worn down pregnant Reba McEntire from the 80s, got tears in her eyes and just couldn't stop saying thank you to the girls for the generosity. The girls got pretty teary themselves -- they had never seen such poverty and they finally got the whole "spirit of giving." It brought tears to my eyes, too.

12. Name your top 3 favorite TV specials that frequent the airwaves during the holiday season.
Miracle on 34th Street
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Any musical special

13. Sledding, snowball fight, snow angels or building a snowman?
Snow angels

14. Eggnog, hot chocolate or hot cider?
Mmmmmmm....chocolate.

15. Candy canes or fruit cake?
Candy canes!

16. Favorite holiday cookie: frosted sugar cutout, gingerbread, date-nut, or other?
Sugar cookies - frosted or not as long as it's my mom's recipe.

Two people tagged to do this post:Peanut Queen and Swansea Girl.

3 Comments:

At 2:46 PM EST, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oooo....I'm a SO glad you tagged me with this...I'm gonna have fun doing it! I'll probably save it for Monday 'cause I am covered up here at work! :)

And I can't believe you're an Alvin and the Chipmonks fan...I am too!!! I loved Alvin...always getting into trouble...and Dave always yelling at him! :)

Loved your holiday memory too...that was truly beautiful! :)

 
At 3:32 PM EST, Blogger Tara said...

Great list Corona! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 8:38 AM EST, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

great list, the snow here doesn't last long enough to make angels...

:0(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home