Monday, February 14, 2005

Hitch: Movie Review

My boyfriend took me to see Hitch on Sunday as part of Valentine festivities. I do have to say two thumbs up.

Basic story of movie: Hitch (Will Smith) helps clumsy, awkward guys smooth out their approaches to women. Basically he teaches them to listen, pay attention to what women want, etc. Albert (Kevin James) is a CPA in love with an heiress. And he is just so awkward that it's hilarious. So, Hitch helps him. Meanwhile, a gossip columnist starts looking into the "Date Doctor."

My take on it: Basically Kevin James and Will Smith are hilarious. I totally enjoyed them both. I laughed a lot. I wasn't a big fan of Will's love interest in the movie. For some reason, I always think of him being attracted to African-American women and this women is Hispanic. So, I didn't really get the chemistry of two of them. And near the mid-point, it became a bit sappy and a scene with Will and the columnist just seems out of place with the movie. Overall, this movie captures the craziness and unpredictability of love.

My boyfriend and I both enjoyed it. We highly recommend it as a date movie.

4 Comments:

At 3:52 PM EST, Blogger amy said...

Hooray! I'm trying to talk my hubby into seeing it with me this coming weekend if we have time. It looks really cute! Thank you so much for posting a review!

(Isn't Kevin James hilarious?!)

 
At 4:28 PM EST, Blogger Jay said...

Oh I'm so glad you approve; I want to go see it this week.

 
At 12:34 PM EST, Blogger Tara said...

Glad you gave it a good review. I was considering seeing it myself and since movies aren't the cheapest things in the world these days, I am pretty selective as to what I will go and see.

 
At 7:40 AM EST, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ah, I love Will Smith and Kevin James (watch King of Queens all the time). I'd love to see this flick (if I can drag the Peanut King to the theater, that is!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home