Monday, February 14, 2005

Hitch: Movie Review

My boyfriend took me to see Hitch on Sunday as part of Valentine festivities. I do have to say two thumbs up.

Basic story of movie: Hitch (Will Smith) helps clumsy, awkward guys smooth out their approaches to women. Basically he teaches them to listen, pay attention to what women want, etc. Albert (Kevin James) is a CPA in love with an heiress. And he is just so awkward that it's hilarious. So, Hitch helps him. Meanwhile, a gossip columnist starts looking into the "Date Doctor."

My take on it: Basically Kevin James and Will Smith are hilarious. I totally enjoyed them both. I laughed a lot. I wasn't a big fan of Will's love interest in the movie. For some reason, I always think of him being attracted to African-American women and this women is Hispanic. So, I didn't really get the chemistry of two of them. And near the mid-point, it became a bit sappy and a scene with Will and the columnist just seems out of place with the movie. Overall, this movie captures the craziness and unpredictability of love.

My boyfriend and I both enjoyed it. We highly recommend it as a date movie.

3 Comments:

At 4:28 PM EST, Blogger Jay said...

Oh I'm so glad you approve; I want to go see it this week.

 
At 12:34 PM EST, Blogger Tara said...

Glad you gave it a good review. I was considering seeing it myself and since movies aren't the cheapest things in the world these days, I am pretty selective as to what I will go and see.

 
At 7:40 AM EST, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ah, I love Will Smith and Kevin James (watch King of Queens all the time). I'd love to see this flick (if I can drag the Peanut King to the theater, that is!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home