Friday, March 11, 2005

Off for our first weekend together

Well, tomorrow morning Jay and I are leaving for our first away trip together. We are planning to go to a museum, an aquarium, to see a parade, and dinner out. Keep your fingers crossed. I am a bit nervous as he's been a little distant this week.

He said he was excited about our trip, but I wonder with him. He of course only said this after I said I was excited, wasn't he. I don't know why I ask these questions.

I planned this for two reasons. One - he had a big birthday this month and no one made a fuss - a sin in my book. Two - I wanted to see how we would do this long together and in a different element. We always do the same things on our dates and I'm afraid of a rut when we've only dated 5 months.

He made a few comments this week that seemed to indicate I am overinvolved or care too much too early. I'm not exactly sure as it was vague to say the least. So, I didn't call him for three days. He called today to confirm plans for tomorrow, but didn't seem to notice. I hate having to do this. I feel like it's playing games and it's annoying. But, it seems to be what he wants.

Anyway, hopefully all will go well. I'll report in next week.

4 Comments:

At 2:05 AM EST, Blogger Jay said...

Boys are enigmatic for sure. I hope things go the way you want them too, you deserve to be fussed over (unfortunately, some boys are non fussers now matter how smitten they are).

 
At 5:36 AM EST, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Boys are hopeless as well as enigmatic. My husband cannot show enthusiasm for some strange reason, perhaps he's like that.
I hope you have a nice time! Enjoy yourself!

 
At 6:42 AM EST, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

men never show their emotions (or the men i've been involved with) and my hubby never shows enthusiasm for anything...and he hates everything I like, i took him to the Andy Warhol exhibit in Vegas at the Bellagio and he stood there saying as loudly as possible that his niece could do better...

you can take them anywhere...

i'm sure he's just nervous, the first trip away is a big thing...hope it all goes well...

 
At 8:30 AM EST, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Maybe he's acting all aloof because he's nervous about the trip...just as you are.

And Katyas right about the whole "non-emotional" thing. Maybe men think it's too "girly" to openly express how they feel....so they keep it all inside and walk around with constipated emotions, which, in my opinion, makes them seem "guarded"...like they're trying to keep their distance.

I say just go with it and let it happen as it happens. Let us know how your trip goes...I hope everything works out okay! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home