Thursday, April 21, 2005

Bathroom Remodel

***HTML editor Not Working Still ****

Some of my regulars asked about me to update them on my Bathroom Remodeling from a few months ago. I got about half the photos back and decided to post them. I plan to finish the film off this weekend and should be able to post the final next week.

So, my contractor has finished the bathroom. I wrote the company the last check about a week after they started. It took a bit of extra time because I wasn't thrilled with the finish work. Still not 100%.

So, what did I get for my almost $8000? See below for what it looked like before.

It was pretty bad. The worst was that water was seeping into the insulation around the window and the tile/tub edge. The floor tiles weren't evenly applied and had dirt ingrained between them. The toilet wobbled. And the sink set less than 2 inches from the tub -- so I lost many items down between the two.

Of course, originally it was purple -- and not cute purple. But a gross shade of lavender yuckiness.

This is the original bathroom with tile, ugly light, and small mirror. Posted by Hello


This is the before sink, toilet and floor. Posted by Hello


Other side of the original tub. Posted by Hello


More of original bathroom. Posted by Hello



Under Construction

When they tore out the tub and tile, this was the bones of the back section of the tub area. Check out the gross rotten wood under the window. Posted by Hello


And here is what was underneath the tub. See faucet hookups on right side. I had them get rid of all moldy insulation -- that is what's in the black trash bag. Posted by Hello


And this is where the toilet sat after they ripped out the original floor and toilet. This is the original 1952 tile - beautiful, but damaged. Posted by Hello


Overview of torn out tub with the floor that was installed when I arrived. Can you believe they put those linoleum tiles over that beautiful original floor? Posted by Hello


The New Bathroom Rises

The window was torn out, frame included. They build me a new wood frame and put the window back in. Then, they started installing the tub and this is just part of the surround with the new showerhead pole above. Posted by Hello


Other end half done. There are the old sink pipes on the right. I love the shelves in the surround. Posted by Hello


Here you can see the new floor and you can see some of the new faucet. Posted by Hello


A closer look at the tub faucets -- they are awesome. Posted by Hello


More to come next week.

7 Comments:

At 4:25 PM EDT, Blogger Tara said...

Looks like it is coming along nicely :)

 
At 9:23 AM EDT, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Very nice! I love before and after pics...amazing what a difference, huh?

 
At 11:09 AM EDT, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

wow $8000, but it is really nice....love the before and after photoes...

:0)

 
At 9:18 AM EDT, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Looks great!

By the way, try clearing our cookies to get the HTML thingy to work!

 
At 5:33 PM EDT, Blogger Corona Red said...

Thanks guys!

As soon as I get the other pictures developed, I 'll post them, too.

And Amy - if he lived in a duplex, that's why.

 
At 6:03 AM EDT, Blogger Jay said...

$8000 phew, but it's worth it I'm sure, it totally looks better, are you bathing like crazy these days?

 
At 9:23 PM EDT, Blogger Karen said...

Those black and white 1950s tiles are the same ones that I grew up with. Such memories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home