Friday, April 15, 2005

Blogging, Computer Issues, and Work Bitching

Well, I have determined today that it is my computer that is somehow preventing the Edit Posts section from appearing correctly. Now how to fix it? Since it is my work computer, I can't exactly ask for assistance there as technically I am not supposed to be blogging on government time. But, enough about that.

As I may have mentioned before, I am temporary assignment right now on a team implementing a new computer program for our entire department. My team lead is annoying, but generally a nice person. She has no idea how to lead a team and isn't a very good instructor. We have to teach a great deal of classes. We are training over 200 people in groups of 6 - 10 for 8 hours.

We have been teaching together for over a year now. I have a master's in education. I've trained many people before. I've developed handouts, manuals and set up multi-day training. However, I am considered the more "junior" person on the team.

She mentions to me earlier this week that we are presenting in about 2 weeks at a government wide users' group. I ask her what we are planning to talk about. She kinda shrugs it off. I mentioned three times this week about defining what we are going to talk about. She just blows it off. She never wants to do anything until it reaches crisis mode. She is making me crazy.

So, needless to say I am job hunting. I don't know what you all know about the process, but it is ridiculously cumbersome. It takes hours typically to apply to just one. I finished one application this week to Homeland Security for a customs position and have another for the Peace Corps' Headquarters to complete. I'll let you know if anything happens. However, it takes 4 - 6 months to get a government job typically, so it may be awhile.

Work...if they didn't pay me, I wouldn't do it.



4 Comments:

At 3:36 AM EDT, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

sometimes i think work pay me to show up and blog...lol

:0)

 
At 9:05 AM EDT, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Good luck with the job hunt...I know I always dreaded the process when I had to find a new job.

Keep us posted, okay? :)

 
At 10:07 PM EDT, Blogger Jay said...

Ah, the good old government. It's the same here, so much paperwork, most of it needless and stupid. Best of luck.

 
At 8:39 AM EDT, Blogger Corona Red said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I am working on the Peace Corp job! I'll keep you all posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home