Monday, May 16, 2005

Weekend Events

Since I am so far behind, I am going to try to make up for it. Once a week or more of blogging -- I have so much to say and I never sit down to write it. So, now I am.

My weekend went like this...

Friday night -- I met the boyfriend and went to a graduate party for a friend's husband. It's strange how many people I know are graduating now (and they are all in their 30s like me). It's like a second wave. Had a good time at the party. All these FBI people who my friend works with and her husband's reserve friends, plus their neighbors and of course my friends' parents. So, a bit eclectic. Boyfriend, Jay, still seems to struggle with big crowds. I am not sure how to deal with him at parties yet. Since the party was closer to his house than mine, I could have stayed there. But, his place is frankly just not clean enough. I think I might catch something there.

Saturday - Girls Day with Anne (a newish friend from work). We went to the local spa for pedicures. She had never had one before. They had an opening for a manicure while we were there, so I took advantage of it. While I love the serenity of the spa, I don't think the staff removes as much dead skin as the places at the mall. I am thinking of alternating the two -- it would certainly save me some money. It was $90 for a manicure and pedicure (including the tips). It was a bit over the top. The highlight of the morning was Anne's consultation with Ralph, my hairdresser. He is fabulous. And I think his ideas for her hair will work well. She's going back in two weeks for the actual cut -- I can't wait to see it.

Anne and I then ran to the mall. I'm looking for slip covers and other things. No luck with the slip covers, but I did find a great Boulce jacket. On sale and in the right color. So very thrilled with that. I have been searching for one for several months now.

Back to my place around 4 p.m., I chatted with Rose (my best friend). She and I had plans for Sunday, so she was just calling to confirm. I laid down and took a luxurious 2 hour nap -- wow, it was nice to just doze on a warm afternoon.

B (my other best friend) stopped by around 6:15 and I was in the midst of putting up a new thermostat. Can you believe I actually did it? I was able to remove the old one, label the wires, and attach the new one. I am so proud of me. Now, it did take me a hour because I couldn't get the dang screws in. Anyway, B and I chatted for a few hours and I got all caught up on her life.

Then, I cleaned house - nothing too exciting. Just did all the floors -- put the kitchen and the bathroom rug in the washer. I tried to organize things. I cleared off some shelves. Fairly productive evening if I do say so myself.

The boyfriend Jay showed up around 10:30 p.m. Totally surprised to see him. Thought he was not coming by. He had gone out with a friend earlier and didn't know when he would be free. He was supposed to call. Since he doesn't have a cell phone, he said he didn't feel like stopping to call. I was actually thrilled to see him. I was a bit icky looking as I had been cleaning all evening, so I got him settled on the couch and took a quick shower. We watched TV for a bit and then went to bed. I love sleeping with this man -- there is just something about snuggling up with him at night. And we had a great night.

Sunday - I made breakfast for the two of us while he watched his Sunday morning talk shows. He loves those political shows. Then, I gave him a quick manicure. I love doing his nails -- getting them all cleaned up before I send him on his way. They look good and he loves having his hands rubbed. He then went home.

So, I quickly ran to Lowe's -- picked up some potting soil and other household items. I even picked up the final items for a craft project that I have wanted to do forever.

I got back just in the nick of time. Rose arrived with her blanket, junk food, and craft projects. I threw my "Sands of Tatuwan" (annikan's home planet) mini fluted pineapple upside down cakes into the oven and we settled down for "Sloth Day* - Star Wars 2005." We watched Star Wars I, II, and IV in preparation for the arrival of Star Wars III this week. We did some craft, ate junk and talked all afternoon. It was a great time. B came by later in the afternoon and caught the end of IV. I hadn't seen IV in years, so it was interesting to get caught up on what the gap was between the new and old. The old definitely felt much shorter -- Rose thought it was due to the change in how they direct the camera angles. Most scenes were shot as rooms. Whereas now, the scenes are shown from multiple angles with more focus on the individual. Really amazing. I am now ready for Star Wars III.

* Sloth Day is our term for this type of day. We basically pick a theme -- we've done Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Dr. Zhicago, and others. The foods is usually theme appropriate. Rose brought Wookie Chew (a combination of cashews and doritoes) to share.

So, that was the weekend in a nutshell. Overall, not to shabby. Not as productive as I would like in some ways, but it was good to relax.

5 Comments:

At 8:21 AM EDT, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hey, sounds pretty productive to me! :)

Don't EVER tell him I told you, but The Peanut King loves it when I give him pedicures. (He says I have to do it because hIS belly is getting so big, he almost passes out bending over for that long!;)

Sounds like you had a good time...good for you! :)

 
At 11:18 AM EDT, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

sounds very productive to me...you got tons done, i am very much a procrastinator...

i've never had a pedicure either...but i need one...lol

:0) i have Seinfeld and Sex In The City sloth days...

 
At 12:03 PM EDT, Blogger Jay said...

Glad to have you back, it's been a while.

 
At 4:23 PM EDT, Blogger Tara said...

Yeah! Corona is back!

 
At 6:06 PM EDT, Blogger Corona Red said...

Thanks everyone! I missed being here. It's weird how quickly this community has become important to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home