Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Exercise, Weight Loss, and Smoking

Okay...So, my plans are falling apart. I had high hopes for this year. I wanted to quit smoking, lose 20 - 25 pounds, and start exercising.

So what happened? My life as usual!

Smoking -- I did okay from January until a few weeks ago. I was on Zyban and the patch -- then the damn insurance people said they wouldn't pay for any more of it. So, I'm on my own. Everyone I know is still smoking -- despite pledges from several to be supportive. Even Jay smokes occasionally -- and you know what he said to me the other day -- well, just smoke one a day. I just looked at him. If that was an option, don't you think I would have done that? Smoking is an addiction for me. And I am having major cravings. I've had about 20 cigarettes in the past month. I dug out one last Zyban pill - probably not the wisest idea but I need to take the edge off somehow.

Losing Weight - I am plateauting -- no matter what I eat or how much I exercise. I seem to keep the same weight. Since I started this pledge in the middle of April, I've lost nothing!!! Very frustrating. I do know I've been exercising more. Maybe I'm eating more, too. I hate monitoring my food -- it makes me nuts.

Posted by Hello

Exercise - Before the accident I was up to 3 or 4 workouts per week. Now, I'm down to pretty much nothing. I did go lift weights yesterday and am going to try the exercise ball at the house tonight. My workout buddy and I are going next week to the gym and I'm trying the bikes there. Figured they wouldn't be that much of a strain.

I want a cigarette!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home