Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Past Month - A Lesson in Extremities for Me

Well, I'm finally back for awhile. So where have I have I been. I'll divide the past month into three segments, the good, the crazy and the bad.

The Good

G Got to go the beach with two girlfriends. We rented a house, did some go-carting, hung out on the beach, drank a tub of margaritas (the tubarita, we called it), and just lazed around. IT was awesome.

O Outside in Phoenix at a conference, I spent most of my time. I had to teach 6 hours over a 4 day period. Besides that, I investigated the water park and the pool each day. I even have a bit of a tan to prove it.

O Ogled some shoes and clothes both at the beach and while visiting my parent. Picked up some great stuff including some fun beachy thong shoes with mirrors on them, a great Ann Taylor blouse, and a new suit jacket from Casual Corner. And at parents, I shopped with my aunt and mom - so my aunt payed for everything!

D Did get to meet the new niece, Katie. She's adorable. I saw her at about two weeks old and she was already lifting her head up and looking around. She's so sweet. Also, attended my niece's 7 year old birthday party. My parents hosted at their house, they even rented a moonbounce (only $100 for the day-can you believe that?). And the kids loved it!

The Crazy

C Considered actually smacking my dad's mother. The woman (who is 5 foot, 4 inches max and weighs like 250 pounds) had the nerve to ask me if I was pregnant since I had "put on a few pounds." I just looked at her and told her she was mean and I didn't appreciate it. I didn't know 7 pounds was a sin.

R Really got mad at the same grandma when she suggested my 4 year old niece was heavy. She is not even close. I told her that my niece Dani is a fine, normal healthy size, not a ounce of extra fat on her. My mom at that point just said we had to leave.

A Actually, my sister and I rented a Chrysler Sebring convertible for my second trip to Indiana this month. It was fun, although not exactly appropriate since we were there for a funeral.

Z Zeroed in on 4 convertibles that I am considering for my new car. I am looking at the Chrysler Sebring convertible, the Toyota Solara Camry convertible, the mini-Cooper convertible, and the Volkswagen Bug convertible. I drove the bug and decided there is just not enough trunk space. I own a home, so the car must be able to hold my 3 bags of mulch/dirt practically every visit to Lowe's.

Y You know it's nuts when people start making jokes about whether you work Fridays anymore. I haven't worked a Friday in over 6 weeks and I am not working these next two either!

The Ugly

U Unfortunately, my 94-year-old great grandmother passed away. She had lived alone until a few weeks ago when she went into the hospital for a heart attack. I did get to see her a few days before and mentally she was all there, but she just couldn't physically carry on. While I do feel a certain sadness, I am not really that sad - she really wanted to go. She outlived two husbands, 1 child, 2 grandchildren, and 1 great grandchild. She's been saying that she would be ready whenever God needed her up there (she was very religious). So I am actually happy for her. But, I will miss her - she was a sharp lady and interesting to talk to.

G Granted I've been gone from work more than I planned this past month, but not that much. However, my team lead Nut has decided to continue making me crazy. We have a bi-monthly report due on the 7th of every odd month. It takes a lot of work to get it finished. So, I started it over two weeks ago. She was here three more days than me. Did she even make a dent? No. We have to review over 45 projects -- she looked at two. And of course, Monday the boss lady said she needs it ASAP. So, I busted ass -- skipped the gym Monday and Tuesday and worked overtime (unpaid) for an hour last night. Finally I got it finished and gave it to the boss. Nut stops by during her lunch (she's conveniently in class yesterday and today) and acts like she had no idea it was such a big deal. Then she sends me an e-mail saying she felt we needed to divide the work more. You're Kidding! I just rolled my eyes and didn't even reply. I am so tired of her excuses. She always acts like she is so busy whenever I'm not here. But, I don't know what the hell she does. God knows she's not helping with any of the paperwork!

L Likely to end up with a dead roommate (Thomas) soon. I came back from my parent's on a Tuesday and had to go back on the Wednesday for the funeral. So, I was home less than 24 hours and I was back on a plane. I was exhausted. I get back on Saturday and that jerk hadn't bought any canned food for my cat - he said he fed her from the emergency rations in the basement. They are extra cans from food we tried and she didn't care for. And it's for emergencies like hurricanes, not "I'm too lazy to take my ass to Target!"

Y You know how sometimes you just want to kill people, well my dad's mother is making her way up my list. I just found that she gave my grandfather's flag (the one she got at his military funeral) to her oldest son, who is not the biological child of my grandfather. My dad is his oldest biological son and the most like him in general. I can't believe she gave it to him.

So sorry I've been gone...I'm still catching up on everyone's blogs. I'll be better.

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM EDT, Blogger Grant said...

Welcome back. Avoid the VW Bug convertible since it's assumed to be the lesbian flagship car, unless you're thinking of switching teams.

 
At 9:21 AM EDT, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Welcome back...it does sound like you've been VERY busy!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother...it sounds though that she was pretty strong right up until the end.

A convertable, huh??? I LOVE those! The closest I ever got to one was my very first car....a 1978 Mustang with T-tops! :)

Well, glad your back...now get some rest! :)

 
At 6:19 AM EDT, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

wow what a time you've had...sorry to hear about your grandmother, she sounds like an amazing woman...

and i love all the convertibles you are considering, although i love the chrysler crossfire too, and the PT cruiser...

:0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home