Friday, July 22, 2005

Harry Potter - The Chosen One or The Boy Who Lived

Just wanted to let people know...

Yes, I read Harry Potter 6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I thought it was great.

I picked up the book at one of those midnight parties at a small gift shop in North Carolina. They had a cauldron with dry ice in it, stickers, a real owl from their local nature conservatory, and bumperstickers. I got two for my car "Dumbledore's Army" and "Avada Kedavra (if only)." Of course, after reading the book I'm not sure I want to put them on my car or not.

I will say only this to everyone -- it was one of my favorites. A bit slow in the middle, but totally worth it. I laughed and I cried. I read the entire book within 18 hours of receiving it and then I read it again. I just couldn't believe it. Of course, some people I've talked to weren't surprised at all by what happened. I sure was....


IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK, STOP READING NOW!
I can't believe they killed off a main character and the book may not be set at Hogwarts next year. Harry has so much to learn - especially Occulumency. I don't know how he can win without more magic lessons. And Hermoine giving up NEWTS -- seems unlikely to happen. I think he'll have to go back. And what is at Godric's Hollow? I just can't remember why it is so important to Harry.
Just my thoughts!!!

6 Comments:

At 7:14 AM EDT, Blogger Ms Mac said...

I'm looking forward to getting around to reading it!

 
At 6:04 AM EDT, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i am half way thru so i didn't read most of your post, sorry...its going to be another couple of years for the final book so I want to savour this one...lol

:0)

 
At 11:18 AM EDT, Blogger Jay said...

Well, I read the post because I know I'll never read the book. This HP thing has just passed me by.

 
At 5:28 AM EDT, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

ok I finshed it last night and am gutted at who died...that was totally wrong and unexpected...i can't believe they can cram all the final stuff into one more book though...

:0(

 
At 5:28 AM EDT, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

btw godrics hollow is where his mum and dad are buried, i think...

 
At 3:54 PM EDT, Blogger Grant said...

I loved book six. It was a little shorter, but I think that's because Rowling tightened her writing style a bit without sacrificing story. I expected the death of the character, but not exactly as it happened and I was also surprised to read the final installment may not involve Hogwarts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home