Thursday, July 07, 2005

London and the Bombing

I had to say something this morning about what happened in London. Several coordinated bombs in downtown London...will it ever stop?

I can't believe that these terrorists think they are going to accomplish something. Maybe, they don't care about accomplishing anything. According to MSN.com, some group calling themselves “The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe” is claiming responsibility. And if they didn't claim to, someone else would have just for the bragging rights. These groups have no soul, no humanity.

After 9/11 and Spain, it's now London. There seems no way to completely stop this from happening.

Even here in D.C., terror alerts are rising. I was told to expect to see officers with machine guns on the Metro today. My sister called and wanted to pick me up. Everyone at work is talking about this bombing.

I am really so frustrated and dismayed. All I can say to Katya and everyone else in the U.K., I am profoundly sorry. After experiencing multiple terrorist acts, I know it can shake you to your core. You lose a bit of that innocence. You lose a bit of yourself. Be strong. I will keep you in my thoughts and my prayers.

The world once again should mourn for the loss of the both the innocent and our innocence. To all UK citizens, I offer my condolences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home