Friday, August 05, 2005

People are annoying...

Just a quick rant of the people on my crap list this week.

1. Roommate (or should I say unpaying tenant in my home) Thomas - Owes me over $2200. Bitches about the way I have my house decorated. Supposed to help with household project but half asses them -

Exhibit A Mowing the yard - he doesn't put the gas can away, doesn't sweep up the grass from the sidewalks, doesn't clean the mower. All of which I have talked about before.
Exhibit BPainting the basement stairs - it looks like crap. We tried this experiment with mixing sand in the paint to create some kind of grip. I've never done it before. Neither had he. And yet as he painted all these steps, he never thought to say "hmmm, this doesn't seem right." So, now it has to be done over again.

2. Team Lead (Nuthouse or nut for short) - Is on vacation this week. Loves to volunteer "us" but said since I "enjoy" the paperwork, she handles other things. Takes an entire 8 hour day just to turn around a 1 page document. But, this week tops them all. She decided two months ago to get involved with presenting at another agency's biannual conference. She was the one who wanted to do it. Guess what? It's next week.

Exhibit A - Left it until the last minute - So, for weeks now, I have asked her question after question about what we wanted to do and she gave me these totally flaky, non substantive answers. Finally last week on Wednesday she gave me a bit of feedback on what she thought and said she would do the class outline. So, I took what she gave me on Thursday and did the best I could with it. She was here last Friday -- did she do anything except point out that I misspelled a word in something I sent out? No. She didn't review anything.
Exhibit B - She barely contributed - Plus, the outline she did sucked -- again very vague. And she only had to use the stuff I provided her which was much more detailed than what she provided.
Exhibit C - There was a great deal of stuff to do. I had to stay strapped to my computer all week. So, I worked my ASS off again this week because I had to get two presentations, including the 26 page manual, 19 page PowerPoint, and class outlines together for this trip. I not only had to write all of it, but then I had to add notes for us on what exactly we were going to talk about. I also had to make the copies, staple them, and send them out to Phoenix by yesterday. So, if she says one damn thing, I swear I am not holding back.

In fact, if no dead bodies turn up by next Friday, then I will be surprised. This people are so damn annoying. And the thing is everyone loves them. Some friends of mine (who I try not to bitch to about them because they are both of our friends) just think Thomas is so nice and wonderful. And our boss just thinks my teamlead Nut is wonderful.

So, I'm packing up and hitting the mall. Mama needs a new pair of shoes!

4 Comments:

At 5:24 PM EDT, Blogger Kristen said...

dude, pay up on the rent. that sucks. And aren't those people at work impressive? I have never quite learned how to dump everything on everyone else.

 
At 1:39 AM EDT, Blogger Leesa said...

Sheesh, both of those suck!! I never had luck with roommates. I don't have much patience.

 
At 1:05 PM EDT, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hope you found a great deal (and got two pair of 'em)!

 
At 10:47 AM EDT, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

if in doubt shop, thats my motto...hope you got some great shoes...

:0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home