Thursday, September 01, 2005

Quick Update - I know where have I been?

This month has been a bit nuts. I don't have a computer at home, so I can only blog at work and I have been extremely busy. I just have a few moments.

So, where have I been? On vacation last week. I went with two girlfriends to a beach house on the Atlantic Ocean. Really relaxing. I went go-carting which was fun. I also really enjoyed taking a trolley tour of all the Victorian homes in a nearby town. Mostly, I liked just being able to lay around and do not much. I read like 6 books - had to buy two more because I ran out. Below are two really good ones...

Two Books to Recommend:

The United States of Europe - Highly interesting look at how Europe and the EU are becoming a bigger superpower than the U.S. It's all about how we are reversing places in some ways and the U.S. government is really giving them their due respect. Check it out!

Freakanomics - Highly interesting book on how/why things are happening. Do you want to know one of the big reasons that violent crime has dropped? The book perpetuates a theory that it is wrapped up in the Roe v. Wade decision - maybe kids who are predisposed (either genetically or due to the home they would have) to be violent simply aren't being born. It's a wild read.

I'll put some more time in next week. I'm off today until Tuesday -- going to visit the folks.

5 Comments:

At 2:16 PM EDT, Blogger Jay said...

Nothing makes me happier than a good book on vacation
!!

 
At 9:25 AM EDT, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That Freakanomics...I'm going to have to check that out...you're like the third or fourth person who's read that book and liked it (that I know).

Books, beach and nothing much to do??? I think you've just described my version of heaven!!! ;)

 
At 9:42 AM EDT, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

freakonomics sounds like a good read, might have to have a scout round for that...

hope you have a safe trip...

:0)

 
At 6:39 AM EDT, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Hope you had an ace time!

 
At 11:22 AM EDT, Blogger Tara said...

So that's where you have been...come check out the new site:

http://c-o-n-spiracy.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home