Thursday, April 06, 2006

Guest Room Revived

Okay, since my roommate moved out in October, I've been trying to decide what to do with my guest room. It's just ugly.

I first redid the closet -- I knew what I wanted to do with it. Yes, I want people to be able to hang their clothese in there when they visit. But, I primarily wanted it to be a craft/wrapping/sewing/storage closet. So, I built these great shelves with molding on the front into the corner of the closet. Then, I shortened the hanging rod so it only extends halfway now. I then installed a few more hooks high up in the closet to hang my extra luggage. I hate hauling it down to the basement, only to haul it back up each time to pack.

I also picked out a new comforter. I really love it.

I ordered a new bed - it was on sale with free shipping!!

I also picked a wall color and started on the whole painting process.

However, I've hit a snag. The windows are new, but the frames are pieces of junk. I really hate them. But, noone seems to just remove the windows and put them back. At the same time, I wanted to change out the drywall about 3 feet all the way around. Well, I got one estimate - $1800. Can you believe that? And I am not even getting new windows -- just taking out the old ones, putting in a wood frame, and putting the old window back. There is no way I am paying that much. Supposedly, someone has a friend who may be able to help me. I hope so. That just seems crazy.

So, I am at somewhat of a standstill. I am going to finish painting the two walls without windows. Then, I am going to find someone to help me with the windows and drywall.

I've decided now that I am going to replace the drywall on the two walls with windows - it's like $600. Much more responsible and it will really make it look so much better. I've got another estimate tomorrow, so we'll see.

I'll post pictures soon!

2 Comments:

At 6:29 PM EDT, Blogger Kristen said...

can't wait to see them. I'll admit that I have been impressed with your upbeat attitude regarding renovations. Not one post about wanting to kill yourself.

 
At 8:15 AM EDT, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yes, pictures please!

I'd LOVE to re-do our house...and the sad part about it is The PK is in construction...but I can't get him to do it!!!

Drives me crazy sometimes! :)

Good luck with the renovations! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home