Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Diet and Exercise Resolution Update

Okay...I was starting to get really frustrated, but I am making progress.

I lost four pounds in January by stepping up the exercise. I thought this is not going to be too bad. Then, I lost another two pounds. No problem. Then, the next two weeks, I hit a plateau. Not sure why. Supposedly if you eat less and work out more, you will lose weight. I was tracking every single calorie that goes into my mouth. I've doubled my exercise. I am eating more vegetables than I ever have before. What was the deal? I am not sure.

However, this week, I weighed myself and discovered I am down a total of 11 pounds since the New Year -- not too shabby. I have examined my habits and here's some things that have helped.

I quit drinking real soda -- it's either C2 or Coke Zero -- no other soft drink. I also cut out most fat from my diet -- not all, but quite a bit. I made an excel spreadsheet tracking my calorie intact. I noticed that every weekend I was spiking. So, this past weekend, I tried to be more conscious of it. I am trying to eat less than 1890 calories a day with less than 500 of them fat calories. I also try to go without meat at least once a week - an all veggie day.

I have started mixing up the exercise a bit. I go to the Rec Center to work out at least once over the weekend, when I'm here. I also am becoming fanatical about doing 4 30-minute workouts a week minimum. I joined the SELF challenge, just to give myself another boost -- it's tracking system is good for the food and workout log. It calculates the calories lost for every workout, which helps. However, I thought it would allow some tracking of weight loss or inches lost and it really doesn't provide for that.

I am so excited that this is working. I was starting to wonder if I was destined to be fat for the rest of my life. I've never been skinny. Since high school, I've gained over 40 pounds. I am trying to get back to a more realistic weight for me. Of course, what I think is realistic and what I am "supposed" to weigh are a bit different. According to all the information I can find, a healthy weight for me is between 139 and 170 pounds. However, I don't think I've weighed 139 pounds since I was 14 years old. I've just never been very thin.

But, I am on my weigh. If I can get to around 150, I would be thrilled. I'll keep you posted...

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM EST, Blogger Tara said...

Best of luck to you Corona. Dieting is a hard discipline but it looks like you have quite the regiment down. I look forward to reading your progress.

 
At 11:20 AM EST, Blogger Jay said...

You're already doing so well, and it sounds like you have a really healthy approach to it, which I commend you on.

 
At 8:02 AM EST, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

11 pounds!!! That is AWESOME! I would LOVE to lose 11 pounds!!!

Keep up the EXCELLENT work...I think you may be my new inspiration to lose weight! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home