Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy New Year to All

Sorry -- problem with posting it - I did see PQ and Extraordinary Woman in Wales comments on this yesterday.

Just a quick post to say:


Happy New Year!!

I hope your evening was grand. I saw "Wicked" at the Kennedy Center and have to say TWO thumbs up. It was extraordinary. A wonderful story, great actors. It was money well spent.

The night before, I saw "Memoirs of a Geisha" -- not sure it was money well spent. The storyline is interesting, the scenery/cinematography was amazing, and the music blew me away. However, I just didn't feel the love between the two main characters. The passion I expected never really came to fruition. I was actually disappointed.

Still not smoking.

And I made three New Year's Resolutions:
1. Get Healthier!!
- Work out 4 – 5 times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes (I did two workouts this week so far)
- Eat 3 servings of fruits and veggies per day
- Try to add variety to workouts – try one new thing each month (i.e. rent Pilates video, go hiking, go biking)
- Work to lose 25 pounds and maintain for rest of year
- Track weight
- Track workout schedule
- Drink 80 ounces of water a day

2. Get home renovated! – Finalize plans with architect.
- Finalize contract with contractor. Determine what I can buy and pick up items

3. Finish decorating bedrooms.
- Guest Room - Get new bedding, paint and organize the office and craft segments.
- Master Bedroom - Get curtains and at least decide on new furniture, if not able to purchase this year.

4 Comments:

At 6:22 AM EST, Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

Happy new year!

Well done at still not smoking!... we're all proud of you :D

btw, the url for my blog has changed and you can now find me here : htpp://welshsupergirl.blogspot.com/

xxxxxxxxxx

 
At 7:29 AM EST, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Good for you, Corona Red!

And it sounds like your #1 resolution and my #1 resolution are almost exactly the same. I've vowed to lose some weight this year and start working out almost every day. I'll finally be putting my treadmill to good use! ;)

 
At 5:18 AM EST, Blogger Jay said...

Very good luck to you.

 
At 2:38 PM EST, Blogger Ms Mac said...

I am exceedingly late but happy new year to you too!

Good luck with your resolutions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home