Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hypnotherapy - It Worked For Me!

I know I sound like a crazy infomercial, but I went to a hypnotherapist last week and couldn't be more thrilled with the results. I actually have quit smoking - no patches, no pills, no on-line support group. Absolutely amazing!

Last year's Quit Details
January Quit Day
Day 3
Day 11
June - Slipped Back Into Smoking

So, now it's another start. This time definitely feels better than before. It actually seems easier this time. The power of the mind is amazing.

How does it work? Well, basically, my hypnotherapist interviewed me for over a hour. She asked me lots of questions about my smoking -- where do I smoke, who do I smoke with, my daily schedule, what I like and disliked about smoking, and why did I want to quit - all of it. She then gave me some paperwork quizzes to determine how susceptible I was to hypnosis and what kind of learner I am. She also gave me a questionnaire about my smoking.

She then took all that information and used to perform a 45 minute hypnosis session on me. It felt like 15 minutes. I don't remember all the details, but she gave me a tape of the session to listen to whenever I need backup. And it is strange. I still have cravings (nicotine takes 5 to 7 days to kick from your system), but my mind seems to be battling back. I can say to myself - "No, you can't have a cigarette because you are a non-smoker and non-smokers don't smoke!"

Interestingly, she guarantees this for a year. So, if I screw up in June (as I did last year), I can go back for a free session. She said she rarely has people come back - maybe three a year.

I am recommending that Rose go see her for self esteem issues. If it gives her half the help it has me, it's well worth it.

I'll keep you posted on my progress!

5 Comments:

At 12:00 PM EST, Blogger Tara said...

I have heard that this is a very effective form of quitting smoking. Good luck with it!

 
At 12:50 PM EST, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

sounds like a good thing, maybe i could do it to stop eating...lol

:0)

 
At 8:06 AM EST, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Good for you, Corona! :)

I still smoke...but the thing is, I don't smoke till about five or six in the evening. I go ALL DAY without a cigarette but within an hour of getting home, I'm lighting up.

Thanks for sharing this info. with us....it's nice when you hear a testimonial from someone you know (well, you know what I mean!) ;)

 
At 10:56 AM EST, Blogger Leesa said...

Wow, good luck!

 
At 2:46 PM EST, Blogger Fizzy said...

I hope it works for you.
thanks for visiting my blog the other day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home