Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Parsnips, beets, and leeks, oh my!


Okay, you know how I mentioned in my first 100 meme list that I try new food each year. Several of you seemed intriged by this thought.

So, I wanted to share this year's new food. I can't believe I forgot to blog when I first tried it. For Thanksgiving, I made this veggie dish with parsnips, leeks, and beets. It was amazing. I couldn't believe it. I totally ate all of them and had them for leftovers over the next few days. I will try to post the recipe at some point.

I used leeks again and just added them to a baked chicken dish. That was pretty good. Last week, I picked up parsnips and beets and make the dish I had before this week. I really liked it.

So, parsnips are the new favorite out of all three. If you have never tried them, I highly recommend baking them with a bit of olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper, with a hint of garlic thrown in for good measure.



Hope you all enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 7:44 AM EST, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hmm...I've never had parsnips or leeks but I'd probably like them...especially with some garlic. *sigh* There's not too many foods I don't like! :)

(Except liver....I STILL can't tolerate that! Ugh!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home