Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Book Meme

Here's a meme I pinched from Ms Mac.

* The titles in bold are books I've read.
* The red ones are those I have no intention of ever reading ever in my lifetime.
* The ones with a bold ? I've never even heard of.
* The blue ones are those I have on my list but are as yet unread by me.
* The orange ones I might read some day.

1. The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
2. The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger - excellent
3. The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams - not that great
4. The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald - didn't care for it.
5. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee.
6. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
7. His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman ?
8. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling I liked it!
9. Life of Pi - Yann Martel ?
10. Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell - good
11. Catch-22 - Joseph Heller
12. The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien enjoyed it.
13. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime - Mark Haddon Agreee with Ms. Mac - a bit too many clever people recommend it.
14. Lord of the Flies - William Golding Read it in school, good
15. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen I think, anyway. It's been awhile.
16. 1984 - George Orwell - good
17. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling Good but not the best HP!
18. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
19. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden The movie was amazing, but I am not sure about the book.
20. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini - good
21. The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
22. Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut - good
23. Angels and Demons - Dan Brown
24. Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
25. Neuromancer - William Gibson ?
26. Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson ?
27. The Secret History - Donna Tartt ?
28. A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
29. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte Great
30. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley good
31. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis Good
32. Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides - just finished. excellent
33. Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell ?
34. The Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien Good.
35. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte Good
36. Good Omens - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman ?
37. FantasyAtonement - Ian McEwan ?
38. The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon?
39. The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
40. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood Good
41. The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
42. Dune - Frank Herbert

6 Comments:

At 7:23 AM EST, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oooo boy....I haven't read hardly any of those books....and I've always considered myself quite the reader!

Guess reading all horror and fantasy doesn't count, huh? ;)

I need to get a tad more intellectual, I guess! :)

 
At 1:33 PM EST, Blogger Ms Mac said...

I liked this meme a lot! I think I have to read this Middlesex book now, everyone seems to be raving about it!

 
At 2:12 PM EST, Blogger Tara said...

Good list!

 
At 10:28 PM EST, Blogger Kristen said...

You have got to read the Bell Jar. Do you want me to send it to you? It makes you realize that your life is never quite as bad as you think it is. I think that is always a bonus.

 
At 6:41 AM EST, Blogger Buffy said...

I absolutely despised The Old Man and the Sea. I keep telling myself I should go back and rereard it ... because it couldn't have been as bad as I remembered it. (Ok. I know it wasn't bad writing. It's Hemingway for goodness sake...but it bored me to tears)

 
At 2:41 PM EDT, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Why no Fight Club?

And I LOOOOVE The Bell Jar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home