Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Weight Loss - I hate this!

Okay. Just got pictures back from my cousin's wedding. Wow - I look heavy. Not my legs strangely. But, my face, my arms and my belly look huge in these pictures. In one photo, it looks like I have a roll of fat across my lower back. It looks disgusting. I have to do something more drastic.

My weight loss has plateaued again. It seems to be lose 2 pounds one week, none the next week. I am not even at the weight I was a year ago. It seems I have been gaining about 10 pounds a year for the past two years.

In high school, I actually weighed over 40 pounds less than I do now. Yet, I did not think I was thin back then. I would practically kill someone to weigh that little now. I gained about 15 pounds in college, another 10 in graduate school. Then, I gained about 10 at my first job. And when I joined the government I gained the final 15 pounds. This means in the past twelve years, I gained 50 pounds. If I continue on that path, I will weigh more than 300 pounds by the time I turn 50.

And the thing is I am trying. I eat healthier than I have ever before. I am paying more attention to what I put in my mouth. I am also exercising more.

I think the problem lies in that I don't push myself hard enough in my workouts, nor do I stop myself from eating when I should. I think I am going to have to work a bit harder to make this happen. I can't just stall out here. I also am going to quit eating after 9 p.m. at night. If I don't get dinner before that, then I don't eat that night. It won't kill me. Also, no more cheating on weekly basis. I have to cut some things out of diet -- no more "in moderation." I actually will have to make some sacrifice if I want this to happen.

I have another family wedding in June. It would be nice if I could fit into my regular clothes by then. I have now been in what I consider my "fat" clothes for two years.

If I push myself, I should be able to lose another 28 pounds by that wedding. I will have more photos taken at that time, so I should be able to compare. That might help.

I will have to keep working at it. I can do this. If I can quit smoking, I can do anything.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 AM EST, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Weight loss is so much harder than quitting smoking, believe me I know! Don't be so tough on yourself and just keep doing what you're doing.

I am so going through this with you!

 
At 7:24 PM EST, Blogger Kristen said...

I just can't stop eating ice cream for breakfast. How are you supposed to give that up? Or mashed potatoes?

I'm with ya, sista.

 
At 8:02 AM EST, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Since I hit 35, my weight has been creeping back up on me. Since I got married in '92, I have gained a total of 17 pounds....and while I know that's not a WHOLE BUNCH of weight, it still SUCKS.

I vowed to lose weight this year but so far, I haven't had any luck.

You sound like you're doing pretty well in that department though...at least you're still losing it...even if it is coming off slower than before!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home