Monday, June 26, 2006

It's Raining, It's Pouring, Believe me, I wish I was Snoring!

It's raining, again!!! I swear. I can't believe this weather here.

Check out this article from the Washington Post!

This morning it took me 25 minutes to drive to my Metro Stop -- typically a 10 minute exercise. Then, it took me over a hour on the Metro -- typically a 35 minute ride. I am so not looking forward to going home.

I had friends with 1 hour commutes turned into 2.5. People were shoving on the streets, trying to rock the bus, trying to force the bus drivers to change their routes. It was chaotic. They stopped running Metro trains past L'Enfant Plaza, so those of us from Virginia had it pretty easy. Many people walked from Capital Gallery or further away - at least 15 minutes - some 25 minute walks. Chaos -- And it's just a little water!

It hasn't rained for weeks and then starting last week it's been pouring.

Just when construction was supposed to be starting - wouldn't you know it?

I'll let you know when progress is made on that project.

3 Comments:

At 2:45 AM EDT, Blogger freethoughtguy said...

Solution: Live close to where you work!

I love my 7-block commute!

 
At 4:25 PM EDT, Blogger NotCarrie said...

I live a little farther out than all of these metro/bus problems thank goodness. Sounds insane!

 
At 3:33 AM EDT, Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

wow i was there when the rain was coming down hard, near roanoke was really bad...i forgot you lived in virginia...hope the rain has stopped now for you...

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home