Thursday, June 02, 2005

Madagascar Review

Thought I would share with all of you my thoughts on the new movie "Madagascar." On Memorial Day, I took a 4-year old girl, a 6-year old girl, and a 8-year old boy to see the movie. I have taken them to almost every cartoon movie for the past 3 years.

I would give it 4 stars (out of a possible 5). Not as good as Shrek or The Lion King, but much better than Shark Tales. Up there with Aladdin and Pocahontas.

Each character is well done. I would have liked for Gloria, the hippo, to have had more lines, as she is hilarious. The giraffe was quite amusing, but his story line isn't really followed through with. And Alex the lion is a bit annoying, but everyone has friends like him. The Penguins are the best. Very funny -- listen carefully to their lines. They really make the movie.

Penguins - Show Stealers Posted by Hello


The action is good. The dialogue is great - lots of movie references. The kids thought it was funny, but so did I. We all jumped in a few places, but it wasn't too scary. None of the kids had to go to the bathroom - which is my gauge of a good film.

I highly recommend this movie for everyone. For adults, I would even pay to see it at the theater -- although probably only as a matinee as it is not that long.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home